Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Eureka!

Springs, that is! I spent this past weekend in Eureka Springs, AK with Donavan celebrating our 2 year anniversary. ES is a teensy little (somewhat Hippie) town nestled in the hills of good ol' Ark-kansas (as some people like to call it). There is plenty to do and see while you're there. Here are some pics from the trip as well as some interesting signage from the area. Enjoy!

Out on the lake for some paddle boating, we realized we had a stowaway!A wrong turn down a dirt road and we came upon "Hidden Valley Ranch."This is the sign you see right as you enter Arkansas. What a way to say "Welcome to out state!" Notice the spare antlers in the window. We stayed at the Treehouse Cottages for the weekend. The beautiful anniversary roses Donavan brought me:)Part of the luxurious history of the Crescent Hotel. The Dogwood Inn went out of business and all that was left was their cute little retro sign.

4 comments:

  1. I've been to the Crescent Hotel! I think I was about 7. We went to Dogpatch, an amusement park that I hear isn't there anymore.
    It looks like you had fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like soo much fun, Linds! I bet yall had an amazing time! I saw the title of your blog and thought of this place!

    http://www.yoreka.com/

    Matt and I went there for the first time thinking it was like TCBY! But it is a little different and very yummy! and fruity! and very sweet, sugar pants style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, two year... that is awesome :) when we can we start helping you plan the wedding??

    ReplyDelete