Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Beginnings of "Sugar Pants"

I was down in Austin, TX a few weeks back. I have been there once before but it was on this trip that I realized exactly HOW cool Austin really is. I mean, where else could you accidentally stumble upon something as magnificent as "Hey Cupcake!" We were just walking along and all of a sudden, BAM! there it was on the corner of S. Congress and Milton. I swear, the rotating cupcake on the roof is like a freaking honing device or something.The line was crazy long but if you've ever been to the Magnolia Bakery in NYC, you know the crowds a good cupcake can draw and you know that however long you have to wait, it will be worth it in the end. Unfortunately, Donavan, having never been to the Magnolia Bakery, did not seem quite as willing as I was to wait in the multiple hour long line for a cupcake. So instead, we took pictures and swore we'd hit it up next time around.
Luckily, there was a fantastic candy store across the street, Big Top Candy Shop, where we got a heaping bag of candy and ice cream cones and watched all the people waiting in line at "Hello Cupcake!" for a sugar fix of their very own. The picture shown is Donavan and our "look out" spot right by the window.
After an afternoon of such fond sugar-filled memories, I was inspired to start a blog where I could share not only my vast knowledge of the where-abouts of sugar meccas but also my love of all things cute, sweet and fun. And thus, "Sugar Pants" was born. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment