Saturday, March 6, 2010

Alice In Wonderland=PURE SWEETNESS!

I just got back from seeing the new "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D. It was so worth the $13 ticket! One of my favorite things about the movie was the costume design. The were all so thoughtfully done and honestly blew my mind. Apparently they were inspired by some of the original illustrations accompanying early editions of the Lewis Carroll 1865 classic. Here are some costume sketches for a couple of Alice's looks in the movie this WWD Lifestyle article.
The sketch above was my favorite Alice dress.

Being that one of my favorite memories of the Disney animated "Alice In Wonderland" was the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, when Elissa sent me the link to these wonderful Wonderland inspired treats from The Bakelab I was overwhelmed with the desire to nibble on every single thing. I wish I could have had the whole box on my lap as I watched the movie. I still may order them just to quench my curiosity of what a "Cheshire Cat Macaroon with Earl Grey Tea Filling" tastes like! Perhaps I could have people over and host my own little Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Gee, I wonder who I could get to be the Mad Hatter himself...Thanks for sharing Elissa!


1 comment:

  1. Maggie and I just it this weekend! I loved it!! Johnny Depp is the only one who can only play those roles!! He is amazing.

    ReplyDelete