Thursday, March 4, 2010

The most wonderful birthday cake ever!

I have always had 2 favorites parts when it comes to birthday parties- the unwrapping of the gifts and the cake. I was always the kid who wanted to stand right next to the birthday girl (or boy) while they opened all of their gifts so I could get the first glimpse. I loved getting to hold them, carefully inspect them, and read the packaging to learn all about how it worked, etc. Odd? Maybe but it's just what I like to do. Perhaps this is why my life path led me to party and gift presentation at Hallmark? Hmmm.

Moving on. My other favorite part of a birthday party has always been the cake. Oh my yes. As you get older, some birthday parties don't always involve gifts but, I'm sorry, it is just NOT a party without a cake or cupcakes. My good pal Elissa sent me a link to this cake today and it just took me right back to being 5 and the start of my love of birthday parties. I am in awe of the care and detail that went into creating this. The subtle change in color from one layer to the next is fantastic! I hope whoever this cake was made for felt EXTRA special.
The 8 layer citrus cake at Succotash (below) is one of my faves. Next time I should just buy 3 slices and stack them on top of each other. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment